Pages

Sunday 24 April 2011

Polkadoodles Challenge

Well here is my entry for the Polkadoodles week 15 challenge - Tie the knot.


Although I am a massive fan of Nikky at Polkaddodles  (I have all of her CD's) I have never entered a challenge before as when I see the high standard of the other entries I end up putting mine back in the box. Next to some of the fabulous creations mine are somewhat basic by comparrison. But I have decided to bite the bullet and here are some of my attempts. 

I don't know if you're allowed to enter more than one creation or not so forgive me if I have got carried away!


For this design I have used the Love & Cherish CD and printed the main card and the topper onto pearlecent card. The edge is punched using a Martha Stewart punch and I have laid black card behind so that the pattern shows up and I've used this for the matting the topper too. I have glittered most of the hearts with couple of shades of pink Martha Stewart glitter and some pink gemstones. To finish (Like that's not enough glitter right?) I have used a rhinestone heart threaded onto some black grosgrain ribbon.


For this card I've used the Love & Cherish CD again but I have cropped and printed the image straight onto pearlecent cardstock (using Serif craft artist programme) and added the names of the couple in a fancy text. I've used glossy accents on the heart and Martha Stewart brownstone glitter on the flowers and leaves. It was a labour of love with the quickie glue pen, but I love this design so much I didn't think it needed anything else. 


On this card I've used a digital stamp from MCS and enhanced it with some Martha Stewart Glitter (I Know I am obsessed with sparkly stuff but hey there are worse things I could be addicted to like cake... oh yeah I'm kinda addicted to that too!)



Out of all the cards I've created this week this is probably the one I like the most. I know it's not very exciting and doesn't require a great deal of skill but I love the pink against the off white and the sparkly brooch can be taken off and worn! a card and a gift!




I've also made these which are wedding related for a project for work that you can see on my other blog and a load of other weddingy stuff!







These were all created out of White pearlecent card, a quickie glue pen and some ... Yes you guessed it Martha Stewart glitter, with some ribbon for good measure. The pattern I used was from an old card that I then scaled up and down depending on the project and then traced it onto the cardstock using a ballpoint tool and then went over in the glue pen and glitter. As you can see on some of the items I just used certain sections of the design and twisted it round on others. It took a while but I think the results are worth it.
Well that's it. I'd love to hear your comments good or bad.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
Trish
x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful projects, and you can never have enough sparkly stuff on a card, or eat enough cake LOL! Glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week and good luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow, you really must join in again as your projects are absoutely beautiful, you really do have a great talent. Thanks for joining in with our wedding challenge,
    hugs,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me some feedback. Trish X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful cards, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete